Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TOM DeLAY, MELISSA JOAN HART AND NATALIE COUGHLIN SPEAK ABOUT REHEARSAL FOR DANCING WITH THE STARS



Former Congressman Tom DeLay, who will be dancing on the upcoming Dancing With the Stars, has revealed that he and his partner Cheryl Burke are rehearsing and and doing well.

Delay posted a few messages on Twitter: "Headed to the studio for my first rehearsal and to meet my partner. Hoping it's not Nancy Pelosi :)" And, "I've got the best dance partner in the bunch. I'm very excited." Also, "After two dance sessions I can tell you Cheryl Burke is the most patient person I have ever met." And finally, "In LA for rehearsals and title shoots. Also learning two dances. Cheryl says I am progressing very well."

Also competing this season will be Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin who, after a bit of dancing rehearsal with her partner Alec Mazo, confided, "It's frustrating, but fun." She confided, "I don't do much on land. I'm out of my element." And she explained that swimming and dancing often use entirely different muscles -- so she will need to develop muscles that she has never used when swimming.

"I just hope I don't throw up or cry from nerves," actress Melissa Joan Hart confided to usmagazine about her upcoming stint on Dancing With the Stars.

The Dancing With the Stars gig will not be Hart's first time stepping on a dance floor. She and her musician husband, Mark Wilkerson, choreographed a routine for their wedding that she described as "flashy, fancy and super fun."

Hart, who is paired with DWTS professional Mark Ballas, told usmagazine that she has been assessing the competition. "I think Donny [Osmond] is the most popular of the group, for sure," she said. "And I think he's going to get the popular vote. I just hope he can't dance very well. He can't drive very well -- I beat him in a race a couple years ago, so we'll see if I can duplicate that."

Hart also said, "I think Mya is going to be a big contender, definitely. She looks like she's got the moves and obviously she knows music so she's got rhythm. Aaron Carter, same thing."

But it is former Dallas Cowboys' Michael Irvin that Hart vealed most worries her husband. "My husband's really worried about Michael Irvin -- wide receivers take ballet," she explained. "And the Olympians, they're the ones that have the endurance and they've already got the muscle, the strength, form and coaching. They're used to that rigorous schedule."

And who is Hart most eager to meet at the Dancing With The Stars' studio? Her response -- snowboarder Louis Vito.

"I've snowboarded for 17 years and I'm hoping that when this is all over he'll show me some moves on a half-pipe," she told usmagazine. "But he's able to do things with his body -- jump in the air and twist around and whatnot, so who knows what he's going to be able to pull off on the dance floor."

No comments:

Post a Comment