Monday, August 3, 2009

DANCING WITH THE STARS ALUM MARIO LOPEZ TO HOST "AMERICA'S BEST DANCE CREW"


Mario Lopez, who charmed audiences with his dimpled smile and dancing moves on the third season of "Dancing with the Stars," will host the premiere of MTV's reality dance competition, "America's Best Dance Crew" airing on Sunday evening.

"America's Best Dance Crew," presented by American Idol host Randy Jackson, features teams of dancers from across the U.S. who perform energetic choreography in styles including hip hop, pop-and-lock and even clogging.

Lopez, who early-on garnered fans' attention on "Saved by the Bell," is well prepared for his hosting duties, having already stood at the helm of the 2009 Miss America Pageant and entertainment news show "Extra." And hosting a dance competition should also be a natural for the easy-stepping Lopez who was a fan favorite in his stint as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars."

Lopez opined that hosting comes easy to him, and "it's just fun. I like hosting, whether it's dinner parties at my house or national TV shows. I just like people. Filling in on 'Regis and Kelly' or 'Larry King Live,' it comes very natural."

As for his ability on the dance floor, Lopez commented, "I've always loved music and loved to dance, whether it is at a wedding or a club. I just sort of love to move, but I never really had any aspirations (for becoming a dancer). When I was a kid, Mom put me into a bunch of activities. I was hyper."

With Lopez' extensive hosting experience and weeks of impressing on the Dancing With the Stars dance floor, Lopez will no doubt prove the perfect choice to host "America's Best Dance Crew."

No comments:

Post a Comment