Friday, August 14, 2009

La TOYA JACKSON SAYS SHE WILL NOT BE A CELEBRITY ON DANCING WITH THE STARS THIS SEASON


The names of celebrity dancers for the upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars will be announced Monday on Good Morning America. But one name expected not to be on that list is La Toya Jackson.

“I won’t be doing it,” Jackson told Access Hollywood, “simply because of the circumstances going on at the moment.”

Jackson confirmed that she was approached to be one of the celebrity contestants on the dance competition program, but said, “I can’t see putting myself into there right now, dancing every single day when I’m still trying to find out what exactly happened to my brother. That’s the most important thing for me at this moment.”

Jackson said that both she and her mother, Katherine Jackson, love to watch “Dancing With the Stars,” and that her mother would have loved seeing her compete.

“I love that show,” LaToya Jackson told Access Hollywood. “It’ s not only one of my favorite shows, it’s my mother’s as well. They had on television that I was doing it, and she goes, ‘Oh honey! Is that going to be you?’ And I go,’Mother, that’s just a rumor.’ She just perked up! We watch it together.”

But it also appears that American Idol is another of her favorite shows. “I would love to do American Idol,” Jackson revealed. “I would love to be a judge on that show. I think I would do well with Simon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment