Wednesday, August 19, 2009

SOME CELEBRITIES WHO WILL APPEAR ON DANCING WITH THE STARS THIS SEASON SAY THEY LOVE TO COMPETE


Some of the dancers who will grace the Dancing With the Stars stage this season will be there at least partly because they love to compete.

"I want to compete on 'DWTS' 'cause I love competition, pop singer Aaron Carter told Entertainment Tonight. "I'm not really too prone to this dancing style, but you got to learn new stuff all the time. I don't know any ballroom steps, nothing like that, so it's a whole new kind of thing for me."

Carter also said that he is anxious to compete against former Dallas Cowboys star Michael Irvin. "I know about them football players," Carter explained. "They have good footwork. I had been doing this football-combined training in Tennessee when I heard about this opportunity, so I started training in endurance and stamina. I was doing the ladders and footwork stuff. I know what it is with those football guys. They got it."

Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin says she "definitely (feels) the pressure to live up to what other Olympic athletes before her have accomplished. Speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno won in Season 4, figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi in Season 6 and gymnast Shawn Johnson walked away with Dancing With the Stars' trophy this past season.

Coughlin voiced a few of her fears in a mercury news interview. "I'm a swimmer, for crying out loud," she exclaimed. "I don't do much on land. I'm out of my element.

"When I'm competing I tend to make a lot of faces -- burrowing my brow and things like that," she continued. "In my sport, it doesn't matter. But now I'm going to have to put on a smile and perform for the audience and judges."

Even so, Coughlin says that she is "more excited than nervous," and looking forward to competing.

She also told timesherald, "the competitive nature I have will help in training and competition. The most difficult part for me is doing something athletic while maintaining a smile. ... I don't do any sort of upright balance in swimming, so I'll definitely use a lot of muscles I never used before and probably don't even have."

And former light-heavyweight champ Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell told ufc.com, "I want to win. I don't like losing in anything so I'll work as hard as they'll let me."

Model Kathy Ireland loves challenging herself. "You've gotta face your fears. When you're afraid of a challenge, you just have to go for it. For me, this is the ultimate challenge. Walking in high heels is an extreme sport."

Kelly Osbourne is also out to challenge herself. "I don't care if I win, she told americansuperstarmag, "I'm not doing this to try and prove I'm better than someone else. I'm doing this because it scares me. ... I'm so excited, but I cannot tell you how terrified I am. Dancing is something that I've always wanted to be able to do, but never had the confidence and the technique. I'm not not very graceful, so it's just something that absolutely terrifies me."

No comments:

Post a Comment